Following their marriage in May last year, Her Majesty the Queen has given her approval and support for the creation of a new Household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The Household, which would be established this Spring, would be based at Buckingham Palace.
WHAT IS A ROYAL HOUSEHOLD
A household consists of one (or more) people who work and often even live within the palace area/building.
A Household generally consists of The Private Secretary’s Office, staffed with a Press Secretary, PR duties, Assistants, bodyguards, etc., all appointed to
- support The Royals in their crucial constitutional duties,
- organising domestic and overseas official programmes,
- providing advice on constitutional matters,
- taking responsibility for everything from speeches and correspondence, to official gifts and congratulatory messages to members of the public,
- protection services,
- taking control of the public narrative and facilitating better media interaction.
The name for the new Household has not yet been announced, but should be revealed in due course.
Also in the Spring of this year, TRH the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would also be moving into their new home, Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle.
The much-needed move would provide them with more space and privacy.
God bless Their Royal Highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and God save the Queen!
FOR GOD, QUEEN AND COUNTRY