Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
This morning, The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel of the IRISH GUARDS, together with his wife, the Duchess, joined 1st Battalion Irish Guards at the St Patrick’s Day Parade at Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow.
As Colonel of the Irish Guards, one of the five regiments of the Foot Guards, HRH the Duke of Cambridge, accompanied by his wife The Duchess of Cambridge, attends the annual event to present sprigs of shamrock to the Officers and Guardsmen.
The Duchess of Cambridge presents shamrock to Officers and Warrant Officers, as well as to Irish Wolfhound Domhnall, the IRISH GUARDS’ mascot.
FUN FACT ON THE SHAMROCK PRESENTATION PARADE:
The shamrock presentation parade traces its origins to the turn of the 20th century, when Queen Victoria instructed her Irish regiments to wear a sprig of shamrock in their headdress to “commemorate the gallantry” of her Irish soldiers!
Their Royal Highnesses also enjoyed some Guinness afterwards!
DETAILS ON CATHERINE’S OUTFIT:
- An Alexander McQueen military jacket suit, bespoke for the Duchess.
- Green Tourmaline and Green Amethyst Oval Drop Earrings by KIKI MCDONOUGH.
- Gianvito Rossi Black Suede Pumps, found HERE.
- Jenny Packham ‘Roxy’ clutch
- Gloves by Cornelia James
- Shamrock brooch worn by the Duchess is owned by the Guards and loaned to royal women taking part in ceremonial duties. It has previously been worn by the Queen Mother and Princess Anne.
RECREATE HER LOOK FOR LESS:
God bless TRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and God save the Queen!
FOR GOD, QUEEN AND COUNTRY